Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Photostory

I feel that having an opportunity to view other people's photostory projects really opened my eyes to how photostory can be used for any subject or grade level. I feel that at any age, students would be excited to view a photostory their teacher made. I know that viewing other people's projects in class increased my interest level in the subjects that were addressed and made me want to learn more about them.

Dipity is also a great resource for creating timelines in the classroom. I thought that the idea of using it to have students create a biographical timeline on this site was an excellent idea. In most elementary school classrooms, students do create timelines of their lives. Incorporating technology in this project would be an excellent idea.

At the beginning of the course, I felt very insecure about using new technologies. However, after going through tutorials and becoming familiar with the technology available, I feel much more confident and competent in regards to integrating technology into classroom instruction when it comes to Smartboard technology, Wiki, and photostory.

No comments: