Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Photo Stories

I really enjoyed watching the photo stories in class today! I believe they would be incredibly helpful in any classroom, whether it is an elementary, middle, or high school classroom. The photo stories enable students to learn new concepts in a new way, rather that simply listening to a teacher explain them. Photo stories appeal to both visual and auditory learners because students are able to learn the content by listening AND looking at relevant pictures.

Photo stories would be very useful to introduce a topic, practice a new skill, or summarize something that has already been taught. I think students would really enjoy watching photo stories every once in a while because it adds variety to classroom instruction and holds their interest. In my educational experience, I remember enjoying photo stories that my teachers showed in class because they are concise and interesting.

No comments: