Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 25, 2010

iMovie presentation and Tech of the Week

I really enjoyed the result of my iMovie presentation. Although it took a lot of time to research the material and find photos to correlate with the concepts I presented, I think it turned out really well in the end. Once I had all my materials, it was easy enough to record my voice and incorporate other music into the project.

One of the hardest parts of this project, however, was finding photos that were not copyrighted. Wikipedia actually had a lot of photos available that were either open to public domain, or were allowed to share with attribution to the original photographer. Another great site that I used was the Morguefile.com, which I found from the Flickr presentation given on the Tech of the Week google site.

As far as Dipity, it seems like it would be hard to incorporate math into timelines. The only projects I could think about that would be relevant for a time-line would be the history of math, when certain theories and breakthroughs occurred, which would give students the ability to see how long certain math concepts have been known to the world and accepted. This would be able to show students how far back mathematics goes in history, as well as the current discoveries still being made, like larger and larger prime numbers being discovered more recently.

No comments: