Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wiki Wiki Wiki

As our wiki projects come to a close, I have been reflecting back on what I've learned over the past week or so. I have to say that I found Wiki easy enough to use, but I did stumble across several coding errors that became very annoying as I tried to complete my projects. Also, some of the pictures that I tried to upload refused to appear on the screen.

I think wiki would be beneficial for me as a teacher to post a syllabus, calendar, or classroom announcements, but I would save Wiki for my upper level English classes. I do not think this is the best way to present a project, but it can definitely compliment a project. I feel like there are other websites that are more creative than wiki that allow changes in fonts, sizes, colors, and themes. They offer a website that is more visually appealing, but not many people can edit the page at a time.

I do wish we would have had a more interactive lesson while learning the features of Wiki. Watching the videos in class today about RSS and del.icio.us, for example, were helpful. It was easier to understand in simple language and have a visual to guide us. It is aggrivating at times that we cannot utilize some programs in class because we are not administrators. We just have to explore on our own!

No comments: