Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Discoveries

Copyright laws are SO specific nowadays that it is a dangerous for a future educator and for that fact an educator not to know about. I was shocked that there were so many specific guidelines to using information found through Internet, media, video, etc that were considered disobeying copyright laws. I wonder if because of the advancement in technology, that these laws are being enforced with a stronger hand. I know for a fact that many of my teachers has disobeyed copyright laws by using anything from video, music, pictures, and many more uses of technology without giving credit or resources at all.

The problem with copyright laws is that most of the time when they are being disobeyed it is out of being naive as opposed to down-right disobeying. So in this case, it is important to read all individual copyrights or disclosers so that we as educators are not taking advantage of another person's/business' work.

It almost comes down to the point that sharing information found on the Internet can be a copyright infringement without giving the specific website to that person. I can understand most of the laws, but I feel that if you give credit to the site, author, web-designer, etc. then it isn't disobeying copyright laws. All the specifics seem to be a little dramatic to me. But of course I am wrong...and learned something new.

No comments: