Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Smartboard Reflection

I have really enjoyed playing with Smartboard. There are so many possibilities for classroom usage with this program. However, I wish we would have had a little more time to play around with the program first. I found that I was getting very frustrated because it is such an extensive program that I didn't always understand how to do what I wanted to do.

Smartboard allows for a lot more interactivity with your students and technology. In the future, this is going to be an essential program for every classroom. The program itself is a great way to connect to different students because it allows you to be visually appealing and also use written text as well. All of the games and activities that can be found are also more appealing to students because it involves hands on work.

Creating my own lesson was a fun, but frustrating experience. There were times that I knew what I wanted to do, but I did not understand how to do it using the program. All of the features of Smartboard interested me, but I wasn't always sure how to use them to my best ability for my subject. I am definitely interested in using this program more, however. With the proper training and overview, any teacher can create visually appealing lessons with Smartboard. This is definitely a program of the future, and I only see the creators of Smartboard being able to make more improvements. I think it is important that every teacher start learning about this program.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Kim,
I too found the same problems with the Smart Board software. Read my post we wrote very similar things. :)
Amanda

Emily A. said...

I totally understand how you feel with not knowing how to accomplish some of the things you were trying to do. Just think! You learned so much more by having to navigate yourself through the program searching for the tool you need!