Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Webquests

I believe that webquests are a great tool to use in the classroom. It reminds me of many of the projects that I had to do as a student, but in digital form. For example, I found a webquest about "To Kill a Mockingbird" about looking at life through another character's perspective. I did a project like this in high school, but instead of using resources on the internet, we had to spend class time going to the library and research about the book, characters, time period. Though researching physically through books is a great way to do it, a webquest cuts out a lot of time in the process and enables you to work more on the project.

Webquests are a fun way to learn and engage students in technology. I noticed that good webquests do not just GIVE information but enforce the concepts of researching and critical thinking. I was also surprised while searching that I found many useful webquests that were of high standards. It is nice to have a layout of many webquests, because you can always modify them later to fit your classroom, students, and time period.

1 comment:

Lisa Lig said...

I agree that they are a GREAT way to use technology in the classroom, while teaching a lesson and a specific topic.