Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Flickr & Webquest

I like the Flickr tool because it is easy to use and upload photos. I liked the slideshow we were able to create, but I do not like that Flickr can only handle so many photos. We could use other websites or even powerpoint to create a slideshow with more photos. For classroom purposes, however, I think Flickr is an appropriate addition to lessons and projects that students will enjoy using. I especially like the note feature that allows you to add text to the photos. This is very handy for imagery analysis, ect. and could even be used on text if a text image was uploaded.

I LOVE webquests! I think they are so much fun and students enjoy doing them. They are similar to research projects, but much more entertaining. I was overjoyed at all the English related webquests there are out there. I think this is one of the most valuable resources we have found all semester. I would incoporate these webquests any chance I get in my classroom because they encompass so many resources.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I agree about the webquests...so much fun! I too agree that this is one of the most beneficial tools that we have learned about this semester.

BasSoc320 said...

I completely agree that WebQuests are one of the most, if not the most, valuable resources we have found all semester. Unlike some of the other projects we have done, I feel like this project is equally applicable to every single content area.