Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cyberbullying/Podcasts

I think that online protection agencies and software is only a temporary and somewhat ineffective solution to the cyberbullying problem. I agree that these methods are affective, but I wonder at what cost? There are countless times that research in the classroom is hindered as a result of these anti-bullying technologies. They are almost too effective. Also, many cyberbullies are computer hackers and firewalls and protection software are only minor setbacks in their desire to push other users around cyberspace. However, as of right now, there doesn't seem to be a software or agency that provides complete protection as well as allow full browsing capacity. I would have to agree, as a result, that I would employ the use of these tools to protect my students and family.

In terms of podcasts, I have a more solid understanding about how effective they really can be. I enjoyed searching for relevant podcasts and their applicability to lessons and classroom activities is astonishing. They can be used in so many different ways for so many different things. I am really looking forward to exploring more podcasts and their usefulness in the classroom.

No comments: