Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Technologies of the Week

For the three different technologies that were introduced to us, I think the Google Earth was probably the most useful technology I could see myself using in a classroom for math. The uses for population, geometry using real examples of land and space, and even creating your own buildings can be used to make math seem more tangible. Podcasts, as well, connect students to real life applications of math, as Bobbie mentioned about NASA having a podcast that could update daily about math they use. Flicker seems like it would be the hardest to incorporate into a mathematical lesson, however I think it would be the most optimal way to view how math is evident in the most basic parts of nature. I'm excited to see the future technologies to explore how I can use different technologies within my future classroom.

No comments: