Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Interactive Whiteboards

My first experience with the interactive whiteboard was last Thursday in class. I will admit that I had a lot of fun playing around with all the different features. After reading the article, I realized that not only is this fun, but this is the sort of technology that enhances teaching, not hinders it.

Children are able to express their creativity and imaginations through interactive whiteboards. It is easy to learn when learning is fun, and the interactive whiteboard provides a fun way to learn. Technology is always improving, is always changing, but I think the interactive whiteboard is a technology that teachers find easy to use as well as it being very helpful in the classroom.

When I go in to shadow the students that I tutor through the Promise and Potential Program, I have seen first hand the interactive whiteboard be a very useful tool for the teaching process. The teachers enjoy using it and the students enjoy playing with it and all the while, the students are learning. I think it is a great balance between technology and teaching.

1 comment:

Carlie said...

I agree with you, that learning can be made fun through the use of interactive whiteboards. I think that when learning is active and fun for students, they will often retain the information better. Promise and Potential Program has also enabled me to use and see how an interactive whiteboard can be a positive resource for teachers when balancing teaching with technology.