Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Interactive Whiteboards

I think that interactive whiteboards can be extremely beneficial to the classroom environment. As this article stated, teachers can include media and technology resources within their lessons which can broaden students' knowledge of the world outside of the classroom. Having an interactive whiteboard helps to engage students in the learning because they not only see, but can actively participate in the lesson. I've found that when younger students can physically do things, they often better retain the presented information. I therefore agree that the interactive whiteboards can "bridge personal and public learning spaces." This board can provide classrooms with a cental point for evaluating, sharing, and discussing different ideas and information.

From my observation experiences over the past 3 years, I've found that interactive whiteboards are frequently used by both students and teachers. I've had the opportunity to teach a couple of lessons using a smart board and I've seen that students positively respond and maintain focus throughout the entire class time. Often students fear going to the board in the front of the class, but with smart boards students can't wait to show their answer to the class. I don't think that this should be the only method of teaching in the classroom, but overall I think that interactive whiteboards positively influence interactive learning when used properly.

No comments: