Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Digital Images

I am excited for this project because I feel like I can put a lot of creativity behind it. Pictures are always a lot of fun to work with and relating them to math will be very useful in the future. I believe that students will be more interested in a subject if there are visuals to go along with the topic. A photo essay, virtual field trip, etc are great ways to keep their attention while discussing and important subject. Especially for geometry, I feel that being able to work with digital images will be helpful in the classroom. I think there are many ways to incorporate images into a geometry lesson, making it easy for the students to relate to the topic. I feel like this project will be a lot of work and I hope that I can give it the appropriate time to make it worth while.

1 comment:

BasSoc320 said...

I agree! Adding visuals is a great way of getting students more interested in a particular topic. As teachers, we must always be looking for different ways to keep our students as interested and engaged as possible. Using images is just one way of doing that.