Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 16, 2007

So much stuff to do . . .

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel a bit overwhelmed by this class right now. I like the fact that we're working on projects that are specific to the subject that we are preparing to teach, but I just feel very flustered because we have to do so much other stuff on top of it and I feel like I don't have enough time to devote to working on my project in order to make it the best it can be. Rather than working on my project, I have spent a great deal of time trying to find an article about using PowerPoint to teach mathematics, exploring the different tools on excel, and watching tutorial videos. I feel that this time could be better spent focusing on my project. In observing this idea, I am going keep this blog post short and get to work on my project.

2 comments:

emc2teach said...

I completely agree. I think it is good to be able to know how to look up articles and to apply them to your field, however, I also find it more beneficial to work on the specific projects. Looking for articles can take a great deal of time that I feel can be used in a better manner. If the projects are the majority of the points in the class, I feel like we should be spending the most on that instead of these other assingments.

LP619 said...

I agree! I am having a hard time applying these technologies to the literature field. In addition to this Excel project (which is also proving to be ridiculously frustrating), and blogging, I feel as if focusing on one specific topic would be better time spent, and I feel like I would learn and benefit more instead of stressing and rushing!