Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 9, 2007

New Ideas

So far, this course on technology and learning has been very humbling to me. Before starting the course, I felt that I was very knowledgeable on most Microsoft office computer programs because I have been using them for so long. However, each day in class I realize more and more how much I did not know and how many more helpful tools there are in Microsoft Office. I have discovered that these tools, such as electronic editing, can really facilitate and simplify your writing and editing process. I only wish I could have learned to use these programs more extensively in the past. It is my hope that I will be able to master these programs so that I am able to effectively use them in the classroom and pass on my knowledge to my future students. The effect and impact of technology is unavoidable in our society and I am so thankful for this class because I learn more and more everyday how important it is for students, who ultimately are the future of our nation, to be well trained and knowledgeable about what technology can do for them.

1 comment:

Luci said...

It seems like a lot of people were unaware of what Microsoft had available. I am glad we are learning about these features as well. I truly think that the electronic editing will come in handy in the future. The editing will be very environmentally friendly, as opposed to the way we used to edit our papers in high school, I think I printed everything at least 3 times if not more. The students of the future are going to be very savvy and that will lead to a future that depends even more on technology I believe, for better or for worse. Hopefully for the better.